Re: Better Translations

Hi Janos,

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Janos Gyerik <info@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the quality compromised already? If not, can't we just wait until
> the dreadful day that happens? (If it ever does)

The only input I have had on this is that some translators in the
Ubuntu community are resistant to open translations as they feel the
quality can be compromised. I am conscious though that with our
translations community being fairly small and currently not
coordinated, I don't want to make it more difficult to get folks
involved.

This may well not be an issue that needs solving.

> I don't really know how the translations work on Launchpad. Would it
> be possible to use gatekeepers? That is, use two bzr branches, a "low
> barrier" one for Launchpad translations, and an "official" one that
> only the gatekeepers can merge to from the other branch.

Well currently any translations done in LP get automatically merged
into our branch. I guess the question we need to determine is to what
extend we are getting low quality translations; again, this might not
be a problem.

I would love to find someone who can build an Ubuntu Accomplishments
translations community.

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon