Re: better changelogs

> The problem with updating the changelog on each merge is that you have to
> roll the version.  For example, right now we're using 0.2. You'd either have
> to start updating the 0.2 changelog entry with new info or make a new 0.3
> entry.  Since 0.2 has shipped, you'd want to make a new entry, effectively
> changing the version.

Starting a new 0.3 entry could be misleading. How about a symbolic
name like NEXT?

The NEXT entry is created right after a release has shipped. During
development, on each merge we append one or more lines to the NEXT
entry. When we package the 0.3 release, we rename NEXT to 0.3 and ship
it. As development continues and new merges start coming in, we create
NEXT again and start accumulating changes, until ready to ship 0.4.

How about that?
Janos
--
Janos Gyerik