Re: better changelogs

2012/8/3 Jono Bacon <jono@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi All,
>
> We didn't decide on a solution to this and now every time I commit I
> feel like I should be taking a smarter changelog somewhere. Would you
> folks be happy if I create a file called LOG in each of the projects
> where we note new features and bugfixes and then we transition this to
> the changelog when we release?

I use to have a ChangeLog file in the root directory of all my projects. I
guess I've copied the format some time ago from an open source project, but
I don't remember which one, or if it's a standard.

When opening it with vim, syntax is highlighted, so it shouldn't be such a
weird format.

Some lines for a real life ChangeLog in one of my current projects:

Release:    0.15.0