Re: Better Translations

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Rafał Cieślak
<rafalcieslak256@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One thing I would like to add in this matter is that we already had a
> problem with open translations in the viewer. Someone inserted a
> several translations into en_GB which must have been wrong - these
> were a bunches of characters which were *probably* Arabic (well,
> definitely not English). I have no idea whether this was intentional
> or a mistake, but it caused the viewer to crash completely when
> started, as it was unable to process these characters. This was of
> course the case only if system's language was en_GB, the viewer worked
> perfectly for everyone else, and if it weren't for s-fox, we might
> have never noticed it. That means we may be possibly open to problems,
> as we don't test all languages.

Hrm, maybe we do need a better approach to this. I am copying in David
Planella on my team - David can you recommend the best approach for
how can assure high quality translations in Ubuntu Accomplishments but
with a low bar to entry and no bottleneck on approvals?

Thanks!

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon