Re: Target audience - was Global-isation

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 18:40 +0000, alan c wrote:
> They liked the speed, simplicity and trusted you, and Ubuntu
> (security, community).  I do not sense that for them, the wider (though important) concept of
> 'freedom' was an issue?

No, you're right.  If anything, the 'cost' was a very negative issue for
them.  They expect to pay a lot of money for anything worthwhile.  I'm
trying to educate them into the Gnu ethos, but with not a lot of
success.  Meanwhile of course, they're going to talk about it to their
friends.  I think my sister and her partner are typical of folk who need
Ubuntu, but who thought they needed a new computer.  I think our best
market is folk out there who really believe they need a new computer and
might be prepared to give something else a try.  Especially in a
recession maybe?

Regards,		Barry.
--
Sent from my desktop using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.