Re: research ....

What's all this negative image about mac users? I myself use a mac primarily (my macbook pro is dual-booting with ubuntu) and find there is not really any support whatsoever on the system be it official, community or otherwise. If I need help with ubuntu I can hit up the forums and get a reply that helps within a day, pahaps we should push this community feature within the adverts?

On the other point, when I mention ubuntu to people they think its what geeks and nerds use and the only reason I and other people use it is to show that I can and because I'm "really smart on computers", that's before even mentioning Linux. we need to somehow push this image aside and show that it is easy to use and install, its not that hard at all and getting easier with every release.

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 14:55:28 +0000
From: danteashton@xxxxxxxxx
To: idi0tf0wl@xxxxxxxxx
CC: ubuntu-advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-advertising] research ....

The IRC meetings? We've got one this Saturday at 10 PM (UTC) and another on Sunday at the same time. (10pm UTC is 5PM EST)

...and Mac converts I generally find the hardest to convert; if only because they have bought heavily into Apple, and proclaim the 'stress-free lifestyle' to be the best, even though, for the most part, we share that and the fact that we've got no cost, either. :P