Re: Advert poll questions

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 22:23 +0000, alan c wrote:
> On 09/12/10 17:56, Moises Mata wrote:

> When have you seen a Microsoft advert explaining what an OS is?

This is a very good point. There is no need to explain ANYthing
technical. That kind of stuff can be left to us so-called "geeks." What
Ubuntu needs to sell is an experience - nothing more, nothing less -
because their experience is all that matters, and the comparison of
experience is always what allows me to make a conversion, not the
FOSS/Linux talk, not hardly anything else really. Sometimes people are
interested in the "giving the finger to the man" bit, sometimes security
is a switch-enabler. But it's an experience. That's why I have such a
high conversion rate with netbook users (XP vs. UNR? Not even a
competition, ESPECIALLY as it refers to experience).

Cheers