Re: Meeting ....

+1
I think there's room to include it somewhere else along the way, but only
from the point of view of "it's your stuff, share it, do what you want with
it, no restrictions".
One of the biggest barriers to switching is the perception that Linux is too
hard, it's for geeks, it'll break your machine and your stuff won't work
with it - I think any initial give it a go campaign should disabuse people
of that by showing them a product that not only works, it looks good, it's
fast and it's easy.