Re: The future of computing...

...my apologies for that email; sadly I left my machine unattended and a
kitten decided to roll on the keyboard.

Hm......talk about embarrassment. :S

Right, yes; knowledge navigator; lovely concept; and quite possible with
today's technology.
So, people familiar with natural language processing, GUI design (and
implementation)  and generally be familiar with operating a Linux machine
entirely through the console (and know how to hand such control to a
program)

Also need people who can tie in web services (API's for search engines, etc)

I need people who can not only do these things; but whom are sick of
Linux/Ubuntu coming up second-best. Unity is simply another DE; Microsoft is
looking into plugging Windows 8 with high-grade speech recognition and
getting Kinect to operate within it. Apple is looking to make your computer
intelligent (in order to aid you, but mostly to aid their profits)

I, for one, am completely disgusted that the only inventions the Linux world
seems to come up with is finalizing the ideas of others (animations, etc) or
coming up with better, (but far more arcane) engineering tools and
libraries. there's no reason why we can't break new ground ourselves.

I suggest, in this project; hereby dubbed the Ubuntu Artificial Intelligence
Team (UAIT) that such an interface; capable of organizing the user's data,
answering the user's questions and responding to the user in the most
natural way possible (in their native language) be developed.

I will register the group shortly, should any be interested in joining,
please do contact me beforehand.