ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: All Stars Session setup for UDS-N

Hi Benjamin,

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd just like to chime in with some quick feedback - I was a bit
> disappointed that myself and around three or four other people never got a
> chance to play. I brought my drumsticks all the way from New Zealand only to
> be yelled at for not scrolling the lyrics at one stage.
> Admittedly I never got around to attending a practice during the week at La
> Hulpe because I was really busy, but perhaps less hogging of the equipment
> and a more "ubuntu" type approach to the affair might work?

Well, we didn't really have practises with drums because a drum set
wasn't available until the Friday night.  I'm surprised that you
didn't get a chance to play drums... I played on about 80% of the
songs and would have happily shared rhythm duties, but no one came
to ask if they could sit in.  Had I known you were interested, I
would have come to find you to make sure you had a chance to sit in.

I'm not saying that "hogging" doesn't happen, but I've seen the case
several times where people complain that they don't get to play but
also don't take the initiative to go and say, "Hey, do you mind if I
sit in?"

I love to play, but I'm *always* happy to share the drum throne.  I
just need to know that someone else is interested.

Thanks,
J.