Re: Tracking versions of click packages

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM, James Westby <james.westby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 13:54:42 -0300, Ricardo Kirkner <
> ricardo.kirkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This sounds quite close to what I had understood myself. Since the
> package
> > is being uploaded via devportal/myapps/sca, we already know the version
> of
> > the new binary.
>
> Could you expand a little on this please? I'm not familiar with what the
> developer will be presented with to upload a new version.
>
> I assume you mean that they have a form that requires them to specify a
> new version, and an upload form.
>
> If that's the case then we can just store the file in click updown
> associated with the (app id, version) pair.

That is the case, indeed. They get to upload the new binary using a form
where we (currently) require them to enter the version manually. There is a
check there to prevent them from adding an older version than previously
available (but they can submit the form leaving the version number
unmodified, in case they want to just modify some meta-data without
uploading a new file).

We have a choice of rejecting or replacing if we already have a file for
> the pair. I think we want to lean towards replacing, so that the
> developer can have multiple goes at a new version before
> publishing. However, if the upload form allows re-using a version then
> it would allow developers to replace a published file, regardless of any
> review process that we have. Is that ok?

I can add another check that if they *do* upload a file, the version should
be strictly greater than the previously stored version.