Re: Recommended results with empty searches

On 15.05.2014 12:04, James Tait wrote:
Thanks for picking this up, Fabian!

On 15 May 2014 00:33, Alejandro J. Cura <alejandro.cura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alejandro.cura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    As I commented earlier, I think this should be part of the
    /api/v1/search endpoint, and that those results should be annotated
    with "related: true", or "category: related" if they belong to the
    recommendations.
    Otherwise we would have to do an extra http call to the server, and we
    are trying to avoid that to keep the scope responsive.

​Agreed. I hadn't realised this was already being worked on, so I haven't spec'd it in the wiki yet, but I think the recommended packages should be returned in the normal packages list from /api/v1/search (so in the top-level list for a raw JSON response, or in the `["_embedded"​]["clickindex:package"]` list for HAL+JSON) and tagged appropriately.
+1

    > As a final note, support for filtering recommended packages by
    > framework, architecture and country is also provided.
    >
    >     GET

    /api/v1/recommendations?keywords=whatsapp&q=framework:ubuntu-sdk-13.10,architecture:armhf

​Note that passing the architecture and framework as query parameters is deprecated - they should (and will by the scope, IIUC) be passed ​ as `X-Ubuntu-Architecture` and `X-Ubuntu-Frameworks` request headers as detailed in the wiki[0].

+1

Pawel