Re: Recommended results with empty searches

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Pawel Stolowski <
pawel.stolowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On 15.05.2014 12:04, James Tait wrote:
>
>  Thanks for picking this up, Fabian!
>

> On 15 May 2014 00:33, Alejandro J. Cura <alejandro.cura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> As I commented earlier, I think this should be part of the
>> /api/v1/search endpoint, and that those results should be annotated
>> with "related: true", or "category: related" if they belong to the
>> recommendations.
>> Otherwise we would have to do an extra http call to the server, and we
>> are trying to avoid that to keep the scope responsive.
>>

>  ​Agreed.  I hadn't realised this was already being worked on, so I
> haven't spec'd it in the wiki yet, but I think the recommended packages
> should be returned in the normal packages list from /api/v1/search (so in
> the top-level list for a raw JSON response, or in the
> `["_embedded"​]["clickindex:package"]` list for HAL+JSON) and tagged
> appropriately.

Not sure if this helps, but you could also have a custom rel for the
recommended packages, so that you keep

_embedded: clickindex:package for the standard package list and
_embedded: clickindex:recommended for the recommendations