Re: Thanks guys!

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Michael Nelson
<michael.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just a head's up for some relevant info on that discussion:
>
> First, there's mpt's previous spec for how reviews should be presented
> (in software-center, but I don't think what we want will have changed
> too much) [1]. It says ideally we'd display:
>
> 1. any review that you (yourself) have submitted previously
> (regardless of version);
>
> 2. any reviews for the latest version that is available for your
> Ubuntu release (sorted by helpfulness or recency, depending on the
> current sort);
>
> 3. any reviews of the next most recent version available for your
> Ubuntu release, and so on.
>
> That said, the work to do that on the server was never done for
> software center, so now might be a good time to do so :-)
> Currently the server has reviews being returned simply sorted by
> helpfulness. I've created a bug so it gets prioritised as soon as the
> functionality is discussed and confirmed [2].
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareCenter/RatingsAndReviews#Presenting_reviews
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rnr-server/+bug/1323653

Thanks Michael!

Fabian has taken on ratings & reviews and is getting it into shape.
I'm assigning this bug to him so he can asses how much work it would
be so we can prioritise it accordingly.

(yes, I'm going to pretend it didn't take me over a month to reply!)

--
Martin