Re: PulseAudio 5 package merging, and armhf test packages.

On 2014-11-25 17:26, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre
<mathieu.trudel-lapierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:mathieu.trudel-lapierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Oh my; if bluez5 is hanging in postinst, that's likely my bad, and I
    must have forgotten to re-apply one extra change to the upstart job
    due to some changes in bluez itself. I'll rectify that now.

Looks like it should already be working in the PPA. I downgraded my
laptop back to 4.101 and reinstalled bluez 5.23 -- no hang. Please check
that your bluetooth.conf upstart job doesn't contain "expect fork".

Thanks. It seems like I can't reproduce it here anymore, even though I remember seeing it with the PPA package last Friday. Oh well.

I've been testing PA 6.0 RC1 a bit today, together with bluez 5 and it seems to work just fine. Since there is not a functional bluez 5 indicator, I used bluetoothctl to set up the device, including these commands:

 * power on
 * agent on
 * default-agent

The first time you also need to do:

 * scan on
(wait for device to show up)
 * pair <device ID>
(wait for pairing to complete)
 * trust <device ID>

Also make sure /etc/pulse/client.conf is set to autospawn=yes or PulseAudio won't start automatically. Happy testing!

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic