Re: Bug Control Application

My apologies, I completely forgot. Here is the bug list again, with descriptions, proposed importance, and my reasons for choosing that importance.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/160794 - I was able to confirm it, I think it should be consistent across platforms, and reported upstream. I would set this Low, because the bug is a cosmetic one that doesn't affect the functionality of Thunderbird.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/153405 - Closed, reporter said it was fixed with a config change, also asked the reporter to re-test using gvfs. I would set this Medium because the bug causes reduced functionality that's expected to work, and the workaround, although straightforward and easy, may not be obvious.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/124920 - Fix Released, since upstream had publicly released the fix and it was in the Ubuntu repos since Thunderbird 2.0.0.12. I would set this Low because the workaround, which is to create a custom filter with the same criteria, is documented and fairly simple.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/198515 - Asked the user to upgrade and file a new bug with stacktrace if the crash happens again. This was set to Medium, which I agree with because the bug is a crash, which is a fairly substantial impact.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/122969 - Closed, I couldn't reproduce the issue and the reporter didn't reply after ~4 weeks. I would set this Low, since it can be easily worked around by copying and pasting the address (and name if desired).

https://launchpad.net/bugs/225797 - Won't Fix because upstream won't be fixing this in the Thunderbird 2.x stream, but it's fixed in Thunderbird 3 beta3-pre. I would set this Medium, since it renders the "subject or sender" search basically unusable.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/280389 - I was able to confirm this, forwarded it upstream. I would set this Low, because there is an easy workaround (manually change the format of the SMB links, or copy/paste them if using Firefox).

https://launchpad.net/bugs/237341 - Confirmed because of multiple bug reports and also I found an upstream bug about the same issue. This was set Low, which I agree with because the bug is cosmetic and doesn't limit the functionality of Thunderbird.

5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have
an importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming
a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

[...]

Joel it seems you forgot to add an extra information to those reports:
"If there is a bug in your list that does not have an importance
indicate what importance you would give it after becoming a member of
Ubuntu Bug Control." May you please add that info (The importance) and
re-send the application in? if you have any questions don't hesitate in
contact me trough IRC or by email.

Have a nice day,

pedro.

--