Re: Application to join Bug Control from Quinlan Pfiffer

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 02:40:39AM -0700, Quinlan Pfiffer wrote:
> Hello, my name is Quinlan, and I'd like to apply to join Ubuntu Bug
> Control. Heres my application:
>
> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> I promise to be as helpful and polite as possible to the people in need
> of my assistance.
>
> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance?
>
> I have read each of these documents carefully, and refer back to them if
> I feel uncertain about a task/bug/item/whatever.
>
> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
>
> I should look for any personal information passed via Apport before
> making the bug public (passwords, name, bank info, boat's name, etc.)
>
> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> At this time I am content with simply going through bugs and making life
> easier for the developers. If I can get some of the flack out of the
> way, I'm happy to be involved.
>
> 5 bugs that I have triaged:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tangerine/+bug/381494
> (I would give this bug low importance)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nouveau-kernel-source/+bug/381474
> (I would keep this bug as undecided, until more info is given)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash/+bug/301917
> (Since this bug is resolved, I would just keep it as undecided.)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fontforge/+bug/301453
> (This bug would be of medium importance, seeing as it crashes the a
> non-core application)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/257773
> (Obviously I would mark this one as wishlist)
>
> ...and that should be it. Hopefully I make the cut. Thanks for the
> review.

Thanks for helping triage bug reports and make Ubuntu even better.  I
agree with the other two reviewers of your application and would like to
give you some more time to refine your triaging skills before granting
you membership in the team.  If you have any questions regarding bug
triage or how to handle specific bug reports please ask them in
#ubuntu-bugs or on the Bug Squad mailing list.

Please consider applying again in a couple of weeks and thanks again for
helping out!  I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com