Re: new bug supervisor, ~cmiller?

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Chad Miller <chad.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Matthew Fischer
> <matthew.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I'm generally +1 as well since I've also worked with Chad before, but Chad
>> can you please list the severity you would assign the rest of those issues
>> and why?
>

> Sure.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/902747
> Triaged/Low.  Not enough memory to start up is also not enough memory to
> run. A nicer crash dialog is all we can hope for.  Shoudn't affect many
> people.
>

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1226618
> Incomplete/Undecided for now.  On reply, either Invalid or Triaged/High and
> tag "refression-update". Opening links from outside it is fundamental.
\>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/adobe-flashplugin/+bug/1229065
> On c-b, Triaged/Medium or Invalid. Big impact, noncore plugin.  Maybe
> Invalid for c-b when we have more information.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1225215
> Triaged/High. Medium impact on many users.

I'm disagreeing with your assessment here on this bug.  Ignoring the
fact that this bug was filed by you, Chad, the reason for my
disagreeing is because this bug is missing key information that
myself, as a triager, would want to see in order to confirm the bug.
Specifically, the version of Ubuntu affected and the version of
Chromium affected.  Without those two bits of information, triagers
would need to test every currently-supported version of Ubuntu and
chromium-browser to narrow down which versions of Ubuntu are affected,
and not every triager has every version of Ubuntu at their beck and
call.

And I am making a point of this, because, under the LTS (12.04) I run
CPU intense programs routinely, and even when all available CPU power
is pumped into things, and I start chromium-browser, I cannot
replicate this bug.  Sure, it loads a bit slower because all the CPU
power is being utilized for other things, but I can't specifically
replicate this bug.  Version details are missing, and that's all that
I'd need to see to be able to continue to test/triage that bug, or at
the very least confirm the bug exists.  (I would probably set this as
Incomplete/Undecided until that information was provided, especially
since I can't replicate this on 12.04 so there may be a
version-specific issue here.)

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/adobe-flashplugin/+bug/1228417
> On a-f, New/Undecided. probably High.  Segv 5 frames deep in proprietary
> code.

Other than the issues with that 4th bug, I don't see any other issues
with your assessment on those other bugs.  +1 from me, based on the
other 4 bugs.

------
Thomas Ward
https://launchpad.net/~teward