ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Re: OSS and Cycling

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 16:42, p.daniels <teeahr1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My intro...
>
> I'm Pete, from Minneapolis MN. I ride a Marin Larkspur street/road
> hybrid[1] named Gullinbursti, after the boar ridden by the Norse god
> Freyr[2]. It's my grocery getter/work wagon/road warrior and general
> all-purpose hell-raiser. It's a great bike.

That is funny. I ride my bike to work which is in the town that your bike is
named after - Larkspur, Ca.
I ride my bike there everyday and enjoy it a lot. This is a great area for
road and mountain biking. Just three weeks ago I got my new MTB which is a
Rocky Mountain Element 50. IT is my first full-suspension and so far I love
it.
For commuting I use a hard tail KHS Mountain bike with slim tires. I do
upgrade it a lot. My commute is 8 miles one way so I spent a good amount of
my time on it.

I do use Linux since 2002 and Ubuntu since Dapper for work and personal use.
At work - besides my other main duties - I am responsible for our three
Linux servers (RedHat, Debian and Ubuntu). Bike riding and Ubuntu for sure
play an important role in my life.

Johannes