ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: translation of u-dev-manual

Hi Kevin,

See below.

Cheers.

The magic incantation that I use to generate the .pot file for the
Ubuntu Manual is:

   po4a -v --no-translations --copyright-holder "The Ubuntu Manual
Team" --package-name ubuntu-manual --package-version `bzr revno`
po4a.conf

I tried this and hit issues. I *think* the issue is that this command *updates* a pot file, but doesn't generate one. Please correct if wrong.

man po4a shows in the first EXAMPLE that to *generate* the pot file, one may use po4a-gettextize

when I try this as follows:
$ po4a-gettextize -f tex -m /home/knitzsche/src/ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/main.tex -p boil.pot Use of uninitialized value $newfilepath in string eq at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/TeX.pm line 962, <KPSEA> line 11.
    po4a::tex: Can't find
               /home/knitzsche/src/ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual
               /main.tex with kpsewhich

I get the kpsewhich error (above).

Does kpsewhich need to know its *engine* (hinted at by 'man kpsewhich')?

Or Is there some env variable needed?
(
Perhaps $TEXINPUTS

As indicated here: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2009-03/msg01203.html
)

Cheers,
Kyle

I've attached a copy of our po4a.conf file.  (I probably need to add
more of our custom commands/environments.)