ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

translation of u-dev-manual

Hello, Kyle.

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Kyle Nitzsche
<kyle.nitzsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried this and hit issues. I *think* the issue is that this command
> *updates* a pot file, but doesn't generate one. Please correct if wrong.
>
> man po4a shows in the first EXAMPLE that to *generate* the pot file, one may
> use po4a-gettextize
>
> when I try this as follows:
>     $ po4a-gettextize -f tex -m
> /home/knitzsche/src/ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/main.tex
> -p boil.pot
>     Use of uninitialized value $newfilepath in string eq at
> /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/TeX.pm line 962, <KPSEA> line 11.
>     po4a::tex: Can't find
>
> /home/knitzsche/src/ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual
>                /main.tex with kpsewhich
>
> I get the kpsewhich error (above).
>
> Does kpsewhich need to know its *engine* (hinted at by 'man kpsewhich')?
>
> Or Is there some env variable needed?
> (
> Perhaps $TEXINPUTS
>
> As indicated here:
> http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2009-03/msg01203.html
> )

This was interesting to troubleshoot.  The problem was that the
main.tex file was trying to \include a backmatter/license.tex file.
Unfortunately, this file didn't exist.  This caused po4a to give a
most unhelpful error message.  I commented out the \include line,
fixed some encoding issues in the glade.tex file, and could
successfully generate the .pot file with the following command:

 po4a-gettextize -v -f latex -m main.tex -p po/ubuntu-developer-manual.pot

--Kevin