ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 16:17 +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Philip Wyett <philwyett@xxxxxxx> writes:

> >> https://alioth.debian.org/project/memberlist.php?group_id=30862

> >> Probably.

> >> What problem would creating a new team solve that couldn't be done
> >> within the Debian Games Team itself? Is using a mailing list ending in
> >> @alioth.debian.org instead of @ubuntu.com such an obstacle? why?
> >>

> > - It would solve having to go to pages hosted on servers with the self
> >   signed certificate problem. Launchpad does not have these issues.
>
> what service is using a self-signed certificate here? IME, all debian
> services use certificates signed by the SPI CA.

http://twitpic.com/47uqk/full

That is what you get following the link you provided to the member list
using Firefox 8.0.10 on Ubuntu 8.04.x. This just maybe an issue where
the certificate has not been updated.

> > - I have been subscribed since yesterday and these lists are spam
> >   heaven. Launchpad list control is better by my experience. I am very
> >   sure I have not won 2 million euro. ;-)
>
> This is pretty much unavoidable if you want to be reachable by users.

An attempt to restrict the flow of spam would be nice, but if the
attitude is to let it get through then fine.

> > - Ubuntu users want to report and assign bugs to a Ubuntu team on
> >   launchpad and not be sent all over the place. This is not about
> >   what we know, but what a user knows and expects, which could be
> >   very little about what Debian is to Ubuntu etc.
>
> Yes.
>
> None of your points answer my question above, btw.

I think I am trying to address things, but if I waisting my time as the
mindset is fixed then I shall pursue this no further.

Regards

Phil