ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Lets start rocking - idea of spawning ubuntu gaming distro?

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM, sakuramboo <sakuramboo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think a better project would be to get in contact with some major cons and
> tournaments to get them to hand out copies of OpenArena and/or Nexuiz if
> they plan on having QuakeArena games. Show these gamers and cons that they
> don't have to pay for QuakeArena when the engine has been open sourced and
> already well refined.

> To maybe get a booth at Quakecon or something, to demonstrate that all
> versions of Quake runs natively in Linux and also inform them that since
> it's open sourced, there have been some amazing forks, all for free.

I know a few guys who volunteer for Quakecon, mostly on the coding and
server side. If you like, I can ask them what all can be done on that
front. Perhaps a computer vendor that sells Ubuntu preinstalled can
stop by and show off their products? Does anyone sell Quake grade
machines running Ubuntu?

Justin Dugger