Re: [Titlepage] New proposal

OK, I'll weigh in here.

When I first saw the cover, quite frankly, I was blown away.

I thought the door concept was brilliant... the people who are coming to the
manual are "lost" and need some guidance to get started with Ubuntu and the
open door (to me, at least) provided just that. If you needed to get away
from the creepy Twilight Zone connotations, putting something on the other
side of the door (such as the Ubuntu Landscape - whatever that is) would get
rid of that. The objects on the other side of the door could be rendered in
the Ubuntu color palette, bringing in more color.

I am neutral about the Lynx - I like animals and like them on the cover as a
sort of homage to O'Reilly, but I'm not sold on it one way or the other.

The other thing I liked about this cover is that it's almost to the point of
using the "white space' that home printers are going to have, and that
should be incorporated into the design, IMO, since people may be printing
these out themselves on their own printers, where full bleed isn't an
option. Making it darker may (depending on the final artwork) lose that
printer-friendly design aspect.

I also think that the font sizes between "getting started with" and "Ubuntu
10.04" should not be so different (closer to the same size).

As far as "friendly"... the orange-red-brown color palette is NOT a
"friendly" color scheme. Blues are friendly and also have the connotation of
stability, trust, competence (why do you think banks and IBM use blues so
much?). Orange and red are arousal colors (orange has been shown in studies,
for example, to stimulate the appetite, whereas greens suppress the
appetite). However, since these are the "official" Ubuntu colors, I agree
that we should stick with them.

Well that's my 2 cents. Carry on...

-Wendy