Re: German edition

>>> 5. Spot-check some page numbers in the index to ensure they're
>>> correct.  (Be sure to check some of the later page numbers -- they're
>>> usually the ones that go off).
>> What to do, if there are any mistakes? Found some, were they missed the
>> page by 1, because the item was at the very end of the previous page.
>
> There's nothing you can do on your end, it's just that I need to be
> notified so I can make sure it all works out in the end.  I've build a
> new copy of the PDFs (see below).  Please check that the newly
> generated index is accurate.  If it's not, let me know (provide a
> couple examples of incorrect page numbers) and I'll try to fix it.

Looks fine.

>>> 6. Translate the following text for the colophon:
>>
>> % Begin colophon text
>> \smallcaps{Kolophon}
>>
>> Dieses Buch wurde mit \XeLaTeX gesetzt.
>>
>> Das Buchdesign basiert auf der Tufte-\LaTex{}-Dokumentklasse, zu finden
>> unter \url{http://code.google.com/p/tufte-latex/}.
>>
>> Die Schriftart ist Linux Libertine, entwickelt von Philipp H. Poll. Sie
>> ist als offene Schriftart unter \url{http://linuxlibertine.sf.net/} frei
>> verfügbar.
>>
>> Die Überschriften und Randnotizen sind in Linux Biolinum gesetzt,
>> ebenfalls von Philipp H. Poll entwickelt und unter dem gleichen Link wie
>> oben erhältlich.
>>
>> Befehlszeilentext und Tastenkombinationen sind in Bera Mono gesetzt,
>> ursprünglich von Bitstream Inc. als Bitstream Vera entwickelt.
>>
>> Die Bildschirmfotos wurden mit Quickshot erstellt, verfügbar unter
>> \url{http://ubuntu-manual.org/quickshot}.
>>
>> Die Grafiken auf dem Deck- und Titelblatt enthalten Elemente aus dem
>> Humanity Symbolsatz, verfügbar unter \url{https://launchpad.net/humanity}.
>>
>> Das Deck- und Titelblatt wurden mit Inkscape entworfen, erhältlich unter
>> \url{http://inkscape.org/}.
>> % End colophon text
>
> Thanks! I've added that to the .tex file.

Theres on broken umlaut, the ä in erhältlich.

> Oh, for the lulu.com site, I need you to translate the following list
> of keywords for me:
>
>   Ubuntu Manual, Ubuntu, user guide, handbook,lucid, lynx, 10.04,
> lucid lynx, help, documentation,book, pdf, ebook, free, open source

Ubuntu-Handbuch, Ubuntu, Handbuch, Leitfaden, Lucid, Lynx, 10.04, Lucid
Lynx, Hilfe, Dokumentation, Buch, pdf, ebook, frei, Open-Source, Open
Source, kostenlos, deutsch, Anleitung, Tutorial, Linux

Do you know if its case sensitive?

So, I'm preparing the announcement for the german community, so that the
manual and the announcement can be released at the same time :)

Appreciated the work with you guys

Daniel