Re: [Ubuntu Manual] Ubuntu Desktop chapter needs you !

Op 21-05-12 00:24, Andrew Montag schreef:
I also notice that the changes are few, but one thing that should be included is that you can now change the launcher icon size in the Appearance control panel.

-Andrew
Well, I can't. I only have Unity 2D. Unity 3D is not available, probably because of the current nvidia driver 295.40. Should this subject, Unity 2D and 3D, be mentioned in this chapter? It is a manual for beginners!
Hannie

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM, John Cave <john.cave5@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:john.cave5@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I thought that I was doing this section. The new ubuntu has not
    changed that much from the last, I observe, so mostly what will be
    needed is new screenshots and maybe expanding the chapter. I can
    do the job of scanning the chapter for changes, but expansions may
    need to be done by someone else.

    John C

        *From:* Vibhav Pant <vibhavp@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:vibhavp@xxxxxxxxx>>
        *To:* "Manual, Maillijst" <ubuntu-manual@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:ubuntu-manual@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
        *Sent:* Monday, 21 May 2012 2:49 AM
        *Subject:* Re: [Ubuntu-manual] [Ubuntu Manual] Ubuntu Desktop
        chapter needs you !

        I can edit this section

        On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Vibhav Pant
        <vibhavp@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:vibhavp@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

            On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Vibhav Pant
            <vibhavp@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:vibhavp@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                I can be editing this section

                On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM, John
                <c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                    On 05/20/2012 02:24 PM, Tony Pursell wrote:

                    On 20 May 2012 11:20, c7p <c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                        Hello there !

                        The Ubuntu Desktop section needs your help !
                        This part of the chapter covers the basics of
                        the Ubuntu Desktop environment (Login screen,
                        Unity, Launcher, Dash, windows, workspaces, HUD).

                        We need an author for this section cause it's
                        one of the most critical sections of the
                        manual, maybe the most important. Are you
                        interested ?

                        Even if an author appear or not it would be
                        good to have some people to review the
                        section, find what's good and what's not.
                        Also suggestions on how to improve the the
                        section or the chapter as a whole would be
                        beneficial too. So if you don't have the time
                        to write the section, but you have a little
                        time to spare on the chapter you may review
                        it, make suggestions etc as i mentioned before.

                        Finally if nobody turn up, i'll maintain the
                        chapter but the reviews and suggestions are
                        necessary for me -i don't have much free time
                        so every second hand would be helpful- !

                        @Kevin: Could you upload the final 11.10 pdf
                        on crocodocs so people can review and make
                        suggestions on Ubuntu Desktop section ?
                        @Saytan: You can write the HUD section if you
                        want, contact me if you need more info

                        Thank you for your time, have a great week !

                        --John

                    Hi John

                    I did volunteer to review this part of the manual
                    in last night's meeting.  I have already had a
                    look at the first few pages.  But I need to get a
                    plain vanilla 12.04 up and running in VB to check
                    things out (for instance, I don't think a simple
                    install will have a Keyboard Indicator).  Let me
                    know if you want me to continue with this, and,
                    if you do, how much of the Desktop chapter you
                    want me to be editor for.

                    Tony
                    (TonyP on IRC, ajpursell on Launchpad)

                    Yap i remember that you volunteered last night,
                    but i didn't have your e-mail.

                    Hannie knows more about the proofread in general,
                    the part of the manual that needs you most is from
                    the start of the chapter till the start of the
                    nautilus section. Do this for start and if you
                    have more time continue with the rest of the
                    chapter, but contact Hannie first.

                    Let me know what you think.

                    Thank you for your time!

                    --John