Re: [Ubuntu Manual] Ubuntu Desktop chapter needs you !

Hello everyone, I'm Jim Connett, and I'm very interested in helping to edit
this section.

I'm new to this documentation effort, but I've finally taken the plunge and
installed everything needed to be an author and/or editor.  Because of my
education and background, I prefer to be an editor rather than an author,
but will eventually want to do both as time allows.

I'm up-to-speed on the LaTeX formatting from the well-written guide and
have even started perusing Chapter 2 since it looks like this is where our
focus resides.  I have two questions.

1)  It looks like edits made should be "justified" in comment
tags...meaning, who did it, what was changed, and why.  Is this required,
optional, or just a professional courtesy?

2)  In reading the email threads over the last few days, it looks like
editors are assigned to parts of the document.  Should someone be assigning
me my first editing duties, or shall I just grab a section and go for it
and let everyone know where I'm at?  I know this is a community effort, but
I also don't want to step on anyone's efforts.

I've read through the current manual already...well-written, definitely a
good resource for those who are new to Ubuntu.  I also see areas for
improvement linguistically, and I look forward to contributing to this
effort!

So...any last words-of-wisdom before I jump in with both feet?

Thanks!  Look forward to working with all of you in this effort.

--Jim