Re: [Ubuntu Manual] Ubuntu Desktop chapter needs you !

Hello Jim,
Thank you for joining us. I can see you have already been active as an editor and even pushed your first changes to chapter 2.
I like your enthusiasm :)
Here are some answers to your questions:
On this sheet [1] we keep track of who does what. At this moment all chapters, with the exception of "The Ubuntu Desktop", have authors assigned to them, hence the call for authors/editors for this chapter. c7p is responsible for the assignment of authors to chapters, so anyone who wants to contribute as an author to this chapter will be contacted by him. I do the editors assignments. I will send you, and others who offered their help for the editing part of this chapter, a separate email shortly. As for the tag added when committing: Commit them with a good description. Not word-for-word changes, but specific enough for someone to easily find again. If you still have any questions, either send them to this list, or join us on irc: #ubuntu-manual.
Hannie

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar0Z6vOO38EydEdaSnhSX2M2WDdSZ3VGQk1qMDZBbHc#gid=1