Re: Translation for the precise-e2 release

> So if I understand you correct, you would first finish the e1
> translation, publish it (with all the bugs in it), work then on the e2
> release and publish that again? Ok, that is a doable way, but in my
> opinion a waste of time.

Nope, we wouldn't publish e2. Most of the bugs are typos that wouldn't
affect any translated edition.
The bugs that affect the translated editions are fixed on the proofreading
phase, when translation typos are fixed too.
So bugs in e1 aren't that huge for translated editions.

I have to mention that local communities don't bother if the manual is e1
or e2, though.
A translated manual is necessary for those who don't know English, and for
promotion purposes too.
The most important part is that translated editions have to be there in
time in order to be helpful.
Unfortunately we are a bit far from that in this series.

--John