Re: Problem installing additional Latex packages

Hello, Tejas.

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Tejas Kale <kaletejas2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the help. The default locations were indeed provided in
> square brackets but I didn't realize that they were the ones I was
> looking for. Anyways, I installed TexLive successfully as well as the
> required packages. But when I compiled the file using 'make', I get
> the following error:-
>
> *** Unable to execute: 'xindy  -L english -L english -C utf8 -I xindy
> -M "ubuntu-manual" -t "ubuntu-manual.glg" -o "ubuntu-manual.gls"
> "ubuntu-manual.glo"' ***
>
> Status report:
>
> *** - EVAL: variable /TMP/X46TWY0W65 has no value
>
> Google search didn't provide any solution to this problem. I am sorry
> to constantly bother you with these trivial problems.
>
> Thanks and hope I am not spoiling your weekend.

I had the same problem last night. I assumed it was some package that
recently got updated in TeX Live that was causing the problem.
However, when I started to explore the issue, 'make' started
completing successfully – without changing anything on my part!

So I'm not sure what the problem is yet, but try running 'make clean'
and then 'make' again to see if it works. I'm going to keep an eye on
it and see if the problem pops up again.

Even if 'make' fails with that error, you should still have an
ubuntu-manual.pdf file which contains the manual. The only thing
missing will be the glossary and index.

Thanks!

--Kevin