Re: Files (gnome 3.6)

Sorry for reviving a thread almost 10 days old, but I think it's good to do
so in light of the fact that we are in the editing phase of the manual.
Hannie's original opinion brings to us a great reminder as editors (and
authors) that we need to be sure to use the terminology currently being
employed by Canonical to refer to different elements of Ubuntu. This means
we should only see a passing reference to the word "Nautilus" in the 13.04
manual, and we should be sure as editors that we are using the term "Files"
to describe what once was called Nautilus. Now that I've edited the
"Advanced Topics" section, I, too, agree with Hannie that this element of
the GUI system is very hard to describe to a beginner. I also agree with
Patrick's excellent observation that we should keep our personal
preferences in this mailing list and out of the manual (have I mentioned
that I'm really getting tired of the brown default GUI interface with each
Ubuntu distribution? :) ). We need to focus our efforts at this time to
clearly communicating the elements and features we find in 13.04 and let
the community drive the changes. In a way, we're reporters...we stick with
the facts!

--Jim