Re: Stepping down as Author Coordinator

Hi John,

Best of luck with the race car. Is that something that would be
televised anywhere, or just something between colleges and universities?
As for the manual and the project, I'd say we're here and will take
whatever you can offer. Even if it's only a few minutes each cycle.
I'll second your choices for coordinator (Jim or Cartsen).

As for shortcomings, I honestly can't think of any. When I joined the
project, it was pretty disorganized. You, Kevin, and Hannie did an
excellent job of getting us in line, and then reorganizing the entire
project. I mean look at it like this: When I started, we would release a
manual about the same time the next version of Ubuntu was being
released. Now, we are releasing the manual on the same day as it's
version is released (at least for English translations).

If there were anything that could be improved, I would say communicating
with the team before we actually start writing. But in looking at that,
I don't think there's really a huge gap between when we release the
current version, and when we start on the next version (as far as
communication goes).

Again, best of luck, and we'll be here whenever you want to help out. :)

Have a great weekend.:)
Patrick.