Re: Lubuntu version.

On 03/06/13 01:00, Kevin Godby wrote:
Hello, Steve.

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Are you considering proposing some type of partnership with the
Ubuntu Manual Project?

Yes, no, maybe, but I'd like the opinions of the current manual
team on this. Could the Lubuntu part be part of the current book or
should it be a separate entity. I think the later. I see no point
in creating an entirely separate structure when there is already
one we could latch on to, but again I would like the opinions of
those already involved.

I think it'd be best if the Lubuntu material were in a separate
manual. Otherwise the reader would constantly have to determine if
the information their reading is for Ubuntu or Lubuntu.

So do I, the combined manual was just a thought I had. It would be nice
if there was a full set, one manual for each flavour.

You're welcome to use our toolchain and I'm happy to help you get
started.  We could even host PDFs of the Lubuntu manual on our
website if you like.

That make sense as there is no point re-inventing the wheel

Phill forwarded one of the messages from the Lubuntu-users mailing
list to the Ubuntu-docs mailing list when you guys were discussing
markup languages.  I wrote a response to Phill with my thoughts.
I've included the text of that email below. You're welcome to forward
it along if you like.

I think there may have been a bit of confusion and over enthusiasm here.
I know it confused me a bit. The various documentation teams seem to
have woken up at the same time and some of us got it bit lost as to what
was/wasn't going on with suggestions of cross collaboration.

I'll (hopefully) be at the meeting on the 8th and hope we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks for the offer of help and maybe this will attract some more writers, editors, who ever.

--

Steve