Re: Quickshot 2.0 - Creating a PPA

On 06/09/2013 10:04 PM, Thomas Corwin wrote:

> I forgot I could do that.. I never thought of it really. Haha. But I
> will do that once I fix my Ubuntu installation. (Windows 8 and Ubuntu
> do not go together well when you dual boot....)

http://apcmag.com/how-to-dual-boot-windows-8-and-linux.htm suggests it
is doable.  If you have trouble, though, I'd suggest using VirtualBox on
Win8 and running Ubuntu inside VirtualBox, rather than fighting for too
long just to get dual boot to work.  http://www.virtualbox.org

>> Wouldn't it make more sense to fix the existing quickshot app than to
>> start over in a new language (and development environment) entirely?

> More yes than no. Yes, because I will only have to fix the
> application, rather than start over, but No, because I am unfamiliar
> with Python. I will update the precious code that was written in
> Python, though.

OK.  You'll learn more by working with Python.  Which way is faster for
you to arrive at a working software product is hard to say... it
probably depends how fast you learn Python and the "Quickly" programming
approach.

Whichever way you choose, have fun :)

Jonathan