Re: Installation of TexLive on Saucy alpha 1

On 06/28/2013 07:24 PM, Kevin Godby wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The script was testing for "upstream" texlive by looking for tlmgr!
>> But the new texlive packages in Ubuntu include that utility, so the
>> script confused itself.

> Interesting. The tlmgr utility was never included in previous versions
> of Ubuntu/Debian TeX Live packages.
>
> Does that mean you can use tlmgr to install updates?

Well, it seems to fail trying to obtain some of the packages with

  cannot setup TLPDB in /home/jonathan/texmf at /usr/bin/tlmgr line 5300

> Are the packages from TL 2012 or 2013?

2013.  To be specific:

  dpkg-query -s texlive-base |grep ^Version

yields:

  Version: 2013.20130530-1

I've fixed up the script to handle that now, and to only do the check
for tlmgr for "upstream" if the checks for each of the texlive Ubuntu
packages fail.  That, and removing the ttf-thai-tlwg font seems to be
getting me close to a working install process... I'll know more when it
completes :)

Jonathan