Re: Installation of TexLive on Saucy alpha 1

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, it seems to fail trying to obtain some of the packages with
>
>   cannot setup TLPDB in /home/jonathan/texmf at /usr/bin/tlmgr line 5300

I'm not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good.

>> Are the packages from TL 2012 or 2013?
>
> 2013.  To be specific:
>
>   dpkg-query -s texlive-base |grep ^Version
>
> yields:
>
>   Version: 2013.20130530-1

On May 30, 2013, though, the upstream TeX Live was still 2012. So that
doesn't really clarify things much.

What does "pdflatex --version" print?

> I've fixed up the script to handle that now, and to only do the check
> for tlmgr for "upstream" if the checks for each of the texlive Ubuntu
> packages fail.  That, and removing the ttf-thai-tlwg font seems to be
> getting me close to a working install process... I'll know more when it
> completes :)

It's probably safe to remove that font package for now since (as far
as I know), no one is actively working on a Thai translation.

—Kevin