Re: authors/editors

Hi, Eric.

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 11:32 PM, Eric Marsh <bits@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So on step 4 I notice the script checking for several Ubuntu font packages.
> Is this going to require me to use Ubuntu for editing? I do have Ubuntu in a
> small VM just for testing, but I normally I'd use OS X. I guess I'd be able
> to also get those fonts in OS X, but any insight would be useful.

The install-pkgs.sh script is designed to run under Ubuntu.
(Specifically, it'll try to run apt-get to install missing packages if
necessary.)

You can compile the manual on OS X. You'll need to install TeX Live
and a few fonts. The required fonts are Linux Libertine
<http://www.linuxlibertine.org/>, Ubuntu <http://font.ubuntu.com/>,
and DejaVu Sans Mono <http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page>.

—Kevin