ubuntu-nz team mailing list archive

Re: setting up anohter user

Hi John - thanks for that
Had a quick look at the websites last night - they look challenging - will look later after work some more . . . . .

I did google the subject and found plenty of websites  / threads that indicate how to set up a limited user acc. with limited priviledges
Did NOT find any website / thread that discussed why it is not working, and how to fix it

As i am doing excatly as all these websites / threads suggest and as it is not working for me I came to the conclusion
a; either I am doing something wrong (and would love to know what exactly)
b; it must be a bug and no-one is overly worried about it as there are other ways (kiosk - as you suggested) of setting this up.

You should know that I also use pessulus and that seems to be working fine (have most of the desktop locked down) with the exception the "disable save to HD"  function seems not to be working.  Hmmmm more investigative work waiting.
Is sabayon any better then pessulus??

cheers
Papabear / Reinhold

 Why be difficult -- if with a bit of effort, you can be impossible!!