ubuntu-nz team mailing list archive

Re: setting up anohter user

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Reinhold Pam Muller
<muller.rpm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You should know that I also use pessulus and that seems to be working fine
> (have most of the desktop locked down) with the exception the "disable save
> to HD"  function seems not to be working.  Hmmmm more investigative work
> waiting.

That might be a bug worth filing, just make sure you file it against
the appropriate version. Another alternative would be to look into
removing write permissions in the home directory (chmod o-w ~) though
you would probably need to selectively restore it in some
subdirectories (say, in the .firefox directory for the browser cache).
You could also remount the filesystem read-only, which would prevent
any changes being persisted at all - this is similar but not identical
to what the LiveCD does.

> Is sabayon any better then pessulus??

Pessulus is a lockdown editor, Sabayon is for profile management. So
they're not solving the exact same problem.