Re: [Email App] Exchange Support

On 18/02/13 17:51, Myles Hathcock wrote:

> 1) It does, but does a relatively shoddy job of staying organized, and
> is heavily tied to the GObject system. This is generally a decent
> design, but we have elected (in the prevalence of Qt) to design the
> exchange backend using C++ and the new features introduced in TR 2011.
> It will, however, not use any Qt libraries until it is ready to be
> tied to the uPhone UI.

At least it can be used as a reference implementation for the protocol I
suppose.

> 2) It's not a small task at all, however we love the uPhone, and its
> worth it to us to invest the time and effort into an enterprise
> quality exchange client.

Absolutely! Especially if that can make it in Ubuntu desktop as a plugin
for other email clients at some point as Exchange integration is an
absolute must-have for a lot of large organisations.

Is the long term intention to also support integration for calendar and PIM?

Bruno