Re: [Calculator] Design problems

Al 04/03/13 16:16, En/na Stuart Langridge ha escrit:
> On Mon 04 Mar 2013 14:45:36 GMT, Michael Wild wrote:
>> Extension-modes, now that sounds nice. This way one could keep the
>> *ohsoconfusing* RPN mode out of the unbelievers sight and easily add
>> it for those that want it, without having to resort to a separate app.
>
> Just out of interest, what's wrong with a separate app? I see no problem
> whatsoever in having "RPN calculator" as a separate app. (Or even
> "SuperCalculator", which does *everything*.) Having many apps leaves the
> decision-making as to which features are important in the hands of the
> users directly, rather than us all speculating about what users want in
> the core tool on a mailing list, no? :-)
>
> sil

+1, I was going to suggest exactly the same.

The concept for the core apps is being simple, part of your everyday
life and good at what they do. There is no reason why someone (and they
should!) develop their own supercharged calculator with RPN mode and
more advanced functionality.

Cheers,
David.

--