Re: [Design] Page stack back gesture

Hi Sam,

That's exactly my point, that it should not be system wide, but only in the instances where the back button is necessary (specifically deep 'page stack' pages). It's outlined in the design spec, so the designers expect it to be used. Judging by the number of differing opinions on this thread, I think it's a perfect example of why one solution should be found, rather than letting developers deliver any number of ad hoc solutions.

With all due respect, from what I understand the phone only recently became usable. How many real world apps have had enough content or even existed to demonstrate the real world usage of 'back'? From my understanding, any app which uses a hierarchical, drill down design will take advantage of the back button. From my daily use of other OS' this is the majority of core apps.

Email
Calendar
Todo app
Settings
Contacts
Phone
Messages

All I'm saying is that if the button is so prevalent, why is it hidden?

Cheers