Re: Thoughts on inhibiting app suspend via application lifecycle

It's been interesting to read all the expected use cases, and also the
requirements for application developers. It's good to think hard about how
we fulfill these requirements, and do it well.

What I liked about Thomas's first iteration of the application life cycle,
is that it is clean, simple, comprehensible, and works. To me, it seems
that as an app developer you get:
1. the ability to do what you want when your app is in front and the phone
is not idle.
2. a set of services via well known APIs to call for things where your app
may not be in front (i.e. music service, download service, alarm service
etc...)

I think that instead of thinking of ways to grant applications long running
processes, we should grow these services. For example, it sounds like a
location service may be required, etc...

Cheers, Rick