Re: camera-app vs. webbrowser-app autopilot dependencies

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 01:44:44PM +0300, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Steve Langasek
> <steve.langasek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> +1 to that. According to Mirv, the root of the problem is that we are using
> >> qmlscene. I would love a better way to launch the apps from the tests,
> >> maybe it's upstart, maybe it's making a replacement for qmlscene. I suppose
> >> this is a good discussion to revive. I'm adding Mirv to the thread because
> >> I understood half of what he explained to me :)

> > Well, it seems to me that calling qmlscene should be fine as long as the
> > QT_SELECT=qt5 is being passed in the environment, so probably something's
> > preventing that from happening the way we need it to and we just need to
> > figure out the right place to integrate this.  But yeah, let's let Timo tell
> > us what the problem was that he ran into.

> QT_SELECT=qt5 is in /etc/environment on Touch, so the problem was that
> apparently autopilot / phablet-test-run does not get to read
> /etc/environment at any point.

> I guess it might be worthwhile to read that as there are other
> variables there too. But if that's not possible, then a quick google
> would suggest os.environ['QT_SELECT'] = 'qt5' would work to set this
> variable only?

As near as we've been able to determine, this should be a non-issue with
current versions of phablet-test-run.  As long as you're running as the
phablet user, using either 'sudo -u phablet -i' (which is what
phablet-test-run does) or 'su - phablet', then even when connected over adb
you should correctly get QT_SELECT=qt5 set in the enviroment and there
should be no need to hard-code this anywhere.

Can you try just dropping this code entirely and see if calling qmlscene
Just Works™ now?

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx