Re: Porting issues

Hi
you need to download that exact zip from the Ubuntu servers. It is the full
Ubuntu userland. the cm-...tilapia.zip is the Android side, same as
system.img and boot.img but packaged in a zip for easy update via the
recovery image.
So the Ubuntu side is prrebuilt for armhf and should be almost identical
for each device.
On this page
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/saucy/daily-preinstalled/20131018/
you can see boot, recovery and system.img files which are the regular ones
built from an Android tree for all four supported Nexus devices.
Then there is also
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/saucy/daily-preinstalled/20131018/saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.tar.gzwhich
is the Ubuntu rootfs and which is device independent.

Also you do not fastboot flash system system.img . It is not the Android
image that will be the rootfs. It is Ubuntu from the above zip, and the
Android system.img lives under /var/lib/lxc/android and gets mounted only
after the Ubuntu userland is booted up.

So first you need to make sure you boot into Ubuntu and not Android. You
have to use the ubuntu-touch-generic-initrd package as the initrd as seen
in build/core/Makefile

Jani