Re: Porting issues

I'm sorry Jani, but I'm lost :-)
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That "Manual Download & Installation" tells about 3 steps:
1. Flash boot, recovery, system images. I presume these images should
contains some phablet code (at least for recovery - support for autodeploy,
otherwise next step could fail). This cannot be 'pure' CM/AOSP or vendor
images. Thus I assume it is phablet-enabled Android side
2. Install some zip file for specific device. In case of 4 supported
devices I can get it from cdimage.ubuntu.com. Alternatively, I can build it
by myself (ex. for device that is not supported on cdimage.ubuntu.com,
cm-..tilapia.zip)
These zips contain boot.img and content of system folder. At first glance
these are the same boot.img and content of system.img in step #1
3. Install some zip which in turn contain device-independent tar.gz

Step #2 seems unnecessary but does not impact the install procedure.