Re: Landing plan - Tuesday 5th November

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Tim Peeters <tim.peeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> If the toolbar stays in place after open_toolbar(), then we would be
> testing a toolbar with modified behavior, not the toolbar that you see in
> the apps.
>
> Would the problem be solved if click_button() is changed so that it
> ensures that the toolbar is opened before clicking?

I don’t think so. What most tests already do is something like that:

    self.main_view.open_toolbar().click_button("…")

The problem happens when the toolbar is already initially open,
open_toolbar() will then do nothing, and in the time it takes for the
cursor to move to the button, it may have automatically hidden.