Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 16.01.2014, 09:08 -0500 schrieb Chris Wayne:
> My point is that lxc-android-config should even only have *generic*
> container bits.  Anything and everything that is device-specific
> should not be in the rootfs

which is currently technically impossible ... i.e. we need the udev
rules per device ... while these could live in the device zip, they
would still be copied into the rootfs unless we patch udev to actually
look in /system/foo/bar or whatever ...
...and i guess apparmor is similar here since it needs to set
permissions for hw specific devices that vary by model.

even if we ship them in the android tarball (which as i mentioned
elsewhere is a lot more effort to rebuild for a single change), they
have to live in the rootfs after all.

ciao
	oli