Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

(in case it's not clear, I'm not actually on the design team, I just
happen to have read that blog post I linked previously)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Stephen M. Webb
<stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> that's hardly the definition of convergence with which I am most familiar.

I believe our definition of convergence is "all devices run the same
code", not "all devices have identical UI".

Eg, same unity8 binaries will run on phone, tablet, laptop, and
desktop, but there's no rule that says "all input methods will be
considered indistinguishably" or "we're going to force you to pretend
your desktop is a phone"

There is plenty of leeway within a converged computing environment to
treat mouse/keyboard/touchscreen/whatever in intelligent, appropriate
ways. That said, if you find a bug... file it!