Re: Customized Upstart Jobs/Overrides

hi,
Am Freitag, den 02.05.2014, 13:37 -0700 schrieb Steve Langasek:

> As Ted rightly notes, at some point in the future *all* upstart overrides
> are going to break because we're going to stop using upstart as the system
> init.  And when that happens, the fewer overrides there are in custom images
> in the field, the better off we all are.  So Alex, for those places where
> your team is evaluating disabling stock system services, can you please work
> with the relevant folks to try to support this a different way?
>
> Upstart support for multiple config dirs is still a useful feature which
> we'll try to implement for you, but if it turns out you don't actually need
> it in practice because the number of overrides needed is zero, so much the
> better.

how about making the usage of /etc/default/ mandatory for all our own
services so we can easily disable them ... i assume this interface will
also be still usable after the systemd transition somehow since it is
widely used in debian and as long as the files are writable the
customization kit should easily be able to flick a switch in there.

ciao
	oli